Skip to main content

Only Life holds the Answers

It was not an ordinary day, its was special for two reasons, First, she was looking beautiful, more beautiful than usual. Second, it was her wedding, yes, it was her wedding.

I am Mrig, a cheerful guy passed college and after that joined an MNC to chase many of my dreams. The girl I am taking about is my best friend Vinita. No, you are guessing it wrong, I was not the lucky guy, I was just a guy, just a friend among other friends of her. We were all happy that Vinita was getting married to the guy she loved. We were nearly there, I was driving and with me there were Ron, Nicky, Smriti and Misha. We reached there early it was about 2 hours before the Groom's Arrival.

When we saw her ready for the ceremony, Oh my God ! she was looking not less than any Angel from the Heaven. We all were awed from her mesmerizing beauty as a bride. Everyone wished her and final I was sitting in front of her.
"I thought you weren't coming", Vini snapped at me. Well, to be truthful I was expecting her to be still mad at me because I needed to go New York and so I said I wouldn't be able to make it to her wedding. I took her hands into mine and said with a smile, "How could I miss this beautiful chance to see you as a bride?". And indeed I would be a big big idiot to miss this opportunity, After all she was my best friend. "I got something for you", I said as I presented a small little pendent to her. And thank God she liked it, Its really a tough job to choose something that she would like.


"Hey Vini ! you are looking gorgeous, I am falling in love with you, are you sure you wanna marry that dumb and don't wanna run away with me", I said with a wink, and everyone laughed. Everyone then spent some precious minutes taking to her while I was sitting there lost in my own thoughts. 

"Hey Guys! I need to leave now, I got to catch my flight", I spoke. Within the instant the words came out I could feel a change in environment, everyone was surprised. "But you said you weren't going NY, you canceled the plan", asked Nicky. "Yes I said but just because I wanted to come up and meet her with you guys", I told her. I didn't wanted any argument so I marked my apologies and asked to drop the matter.

I was on door as I turned back and spoke with a naughty smile, "are you sure you don't wanna run away with me, its your last chance ?", everyone one laughed again and I left. As I was unlocking my car Ron caught up with me.
"Whats the matter dude ? you had no plan for New York, why are you leaving like this ?", asked Ron. Ron knew my feelings for Vini were more than friendly, so there was no point hiding from him. "I just came to see her as bride, but I am not strong enough to see her with anyone else. you need not to tell anything to anyone, I just need some time and I'll be okay, I would tell everyone that I am back from US and it'll all proceed as normal", I tried to explain it to Ron. "Mrig, listen to me, be strong, you knew this was going to happen someday, you should have told your feelings to her sooner, its too late now you need to be strong and be with her as best friend, Its odd that the best friend who supported her in every good and bad circumstances is not with her on her wedding day", Ron tried to give me some courage but I was already broken, I couldn't listen a word more from him and I left.

Ron was right though, I should have tried to express my feelings to her sooner, but I already did, even before she fell in love with her prince charming. Well, this is the fate and I had to accept it, I was driving off to my home but it was too cold even with AC off and all windows close, I was shivering and somehow my vision was getting blurry with the water in my eyes. Oh God, am I crying on the happiest day of my love's life? It was too much for me, It was not that familiar pain I always felt whenever I saw her with him, no it was more it was worse. 
I couldn't bear it anymore, I couldn't hold it anymore, my vision was blurry I couldn't see anything on the road but her face kept coming in my eyes, and crash, a bang and it all went blank, I can't hear anything, I can't feel anything, something hot was all over my head, I tried to open my eyes but couldn't I tried to move but I couldn't, I tried to scream out of pain but no sound came out of my mouth, suddenly I was hovering above the ground, I opened my eyes and I was lying there on the road, there were some people around me my car was badly crashed and it was crushed like a tin can. I was a soul with no body.

But wait a minute, If my body died then why I am here, on the earth ? If this is true that there is a afterlife of death, then why it is not true that there is a placed called Heaven or Hell ? Why I am still on this earth ? I have no answer to these questions. It all just happened, I would never be able to meet her again or meet anyone again. I have no Idea what is going to happen to me, Am I ever going to go beyond this earth ? How do I search the path to Heaven or some agent of devil is coming to fetch me into the hell. I don't know.

All I know is I would never be able to make it to home, there will be no going back to home. will my parents be able to bear the pain of my loss ? How my friends will take it ? Will it effect her happiness that I died on the happiest day of her life ? did I ruin so many lives with my death, which I could easily avoid if only I could stay strong as Ron suggested ?

There are too many questions that will remain unanswered because only life has answers and I lost my chance to know the answers.

Happy Ending Till the next Life ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

World outside the window

  Sitting near the window of my hotel room, I could see the full moon shining bright in the cold mountain night. Must be around 10 or 11 degrees. I could feel the light breeze on my face. Just looking outside the window, it was beautiful, even in the night.  A silent full moon night high up in mountains could be so beautiful and soothing. I felt like my mind was empty of all thoughts. Like naturally meditating with eyes wide open and looking out into silhouette of huge mountains, like staring into wast spread of nothingness.  I could see tiny lights twinkling on small buildings spread across the small town near Shimla, India. Sometimes when i came to senses, a sudden flood of thoughts streaming through the brain. How much we(humans) have progressed. How much nature had paid for our actions. Constantly digging the heart of mountain to make clearings for agriculture and buildings. Yet, nature is forgiving and let us be in peace.  Peace, which is perhaps pet word of my best friend. He is

Death is NOT the END

It wasn’t a fine day; in fact I think no day could be fine without her in my life. I was missing her so much. Since we separated, my life was nearly finished. I had no will left to live. Everything seemed so tough and harsh. All I was left with, was a broken heart full of hatred . I hated almost everything which seemed so beautiful when we were together. I was thinking about her as usual. Its been two full months since we stopped talking. I was dying to hear her voice to see her name on screen of my cell-phone. But it was   nothing but a waste. “How could you not stop thinking about her?” I said to myself. Because I was all alone without her, only she could understand me, only she knows me well. But now what? I was talking to myself in loneliness. Even this was not very usual. I used to keep away from everyone. I didn’t like to talk or laugh anymore. It all reminds me of time which I spent with her. “She wants you to be happy. Can’t you give yourself a break.” I s

Information Technology in India - setup, history and present day situation

India is one of the great standup country in the field of science and technology. every year india produces more than 500 thousands engineers. No doubt it is a bulk producers of scientists and technologists. Information Technology remain the backbone of the economical growth of India. and you can see it from the observed facts of exports. The share of IT in exports has increased by 17% from 1990 to 2001. IT based sectors such as Backoffice, remote maintainence, accounting, public service, medical, insurence and other bulk processiong fields are rapidly expending. Indian companies such as HCL, WIPRO, INFOSYS, TCS are today's tough competitors for the other IT organizations.