Skip to main content

When They are against Girl Child - Murder by her own family


There have been many occasions when we hear about women empowerment and giving equal rights to women, but I doubt if those people are planning something else in their mind. They talk about women and giving power and equity to them but are they planning to save them from being murdered before being born?

We talk about the safety of girl, with this thought in mind we think how to cure the mental sickness of the society that society which hides criminals and rapists behind the curtain of "Human Rights". But how are we going to save those girls from their own family ? That family which kills her inside the safety of her mother's womb.


There are possibly hundreds of NGOs which spent their time and money to spread awareness among our proud society. But in result there seems very little outcome of their precious efforts.

I don't really know about the whole world, but in India there are thousands of baby girls murdered before birth.

personally I want to adopt a baby girl in near or far future but its not about what I like or not its about why not everyone understand.

There could be several reasons for that including:
  • The way girls are treated in the male society, they are still not considered equal.
  • Increasing cases of eve teasing and rapes, Please, girls are not sex toys.
  • More restriction on girls than on boys, well aren't they born from same blood and bones ?
  • The old culture of downgraded behavior with girls in the families.
  • Fear of dowry, the way they are still moving one day girls should ask for dowry for marrying a boy.
 Well, this is just an overview. There is more to it if you dig deeper. Recently two of such incidence came under my knowledge, but it was too late to act on the matter, however in these cases the baby was not killed but the host families loathed the girl child.

In one of the case I come to know that, the family had done some tests to identify if the baby was boy or girl. I don't know which hospital or doctor they consulted for the purpose but it was the luck of the baby that either doctor was dumb enough to not properly test it or intelligent enough to understand the circumstances and lie to the family so that they would not look for abortion. But the main sick mind characters in this case were the parents of the baby's father. However personally knowing the baby's father, I know that he is a good person and will take care of baby in a good manner.

But In second case I am really shocked that the culprit was the mother of baby. From what I heard about the case, the mother of baby was seriously crying that she had a girl instead of boy. I am really shocked that being a girl herself how can she thinks this way.

If in case you people thinking that, she may have gone through many ordeals, being a girl, and she did not wanted her baby to suffer. No Sir! this is not the matter. The Mother of baby wanted a boy only. And from what I got to hear more is that she was also taking some medicines from some possibly fake doctor to have a boy instead of a girl. Thank God there is no such medical drug yet, or else there would have been no girls in this country.

 I was talking about a friend on this matter and she said, "you can do nothing about this, already so many NGOs and people are crying out loud to make people aware but its all just a loud noise nothing else, Nothing is going to happen until you could change THE TYPICAL INDIAN THINGKING". Yes, this is what we want to change.

We don't want to mix up so many voices and make a loud noise. But to shout out together and make it loud and clear, in a hope that One day at least one life would be helped from our efforts. At least one girl would breath freely and comfortably.

All we need is a small feeling of respect and love for the girl taking birth, the girl playing with her friends, the girl seeking help from her brother, the girl seeking love and care from her father and mother, the girl seeing understanding from her life partner and the girl seeking EQUALITY from the SOCIETY.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

World outside the window

  Sitting near the window of my hotel room, I could see the full moon shining bright in the cold mountain night. Must be around 10 or 11 degrees. I could feel the light breeze on my face. Just looking outside the window, it was beautiful, even in the night.  A silent full moon night high up in mountains could be so beautiful and soothing. I felt like my mind was empty of all thoughts. Like naturally meditating with eyes wide open and looking out into silhouette of huge mountains, like staring into wast spread of nothingness.  I could see tiny lights twinkling on small buildings spread across the small town near Shimla, India. Sometimes when i came to senses, a sudden flood of thoughts streaming through the brain. How much we(humans) have progressed. How much nature had paid for our actions. Constantly digging the heart of mountain to make clearings for agriculture and buildings. Yet, nature is forgiving and let us be in peace.  Peace, which is perhaps pet word of my best friend. He is

Death is NOT the END

It wasn’t a fine day; in fact I think no day could be fine without her in my life. I was missing her so much. Since we separated, my life was nearly finished. I had no will left to live. Everything seemed so tough and harsh. All I was left with, was a broken heart full of hatred . I hated almost everything which seemed so beautiful when we were together. I was thinking about her as usual. Its been two full months since we stopped talking. I was dying to hear her voice to see her name on screen of my cell-phone. But it was   nothing but a waste. “How could you not stop thinking about her?” I said to myself. Because I was all alone without her, only she could understand me, only she knows me well. But now what? I was talking to myself in loneliness. Even this was not very usual. I used to keep away from everyone. I didn’t like to talk or laugh anymore. It all reminds me of time which I spent with her. “She wants you to be happy. Can’t you give yourself a break.” I s

Information Technology in India - setup, history and present day situation

India is one of the great standup country in the field of science and technology. every year india produces more than 500 thousands engineers. No doubt it is a bulk producers of scientists and technologists. Information Technology remain the backbone of the economical growth of India. and you can see it from the observed facts of exports. The share of IT in exports has increased by 17% from 1990 to 2001. IT based sectors such as Backoffice, remote maintainence, accounting, public service, medical, insurence and other bulk processiong fields are rapidly expending. Indian companies such as HCL, WIPRO, INFOSYS, TCS are today's tough competitors for the other IT organizations.