Skip to main content

happiness worth nothing

Everywhere in this country people are crying about price hikes and corruption. But I am surprised that the smile and happiness is still so cheap. There are so many incidents which forces me to think about this.


I was coming from office last night, and on the light signal there were two poor bagger kids, and you can see the expression changes on their faces with the reaction each person gave them. If someone scold the kids their faces went down, smile suddenly fade on their lips, and they don't let themselves downs and move on to next car or next biker. And when someone gave them a coin a sudden happiness and excitement filled them.

I was there in an auto rickshaw waiting for signal to turn green. One of those bagger was a girl she looked younger of two. I was looking at her movements and amazingly she was very active and talkative. She used to make cute face when asking for money. And when she get a coin from anyone she used to show it to the other one(may be her brother) to tease him.  Suddenly she turned and came to my side, I had a few coins in coin pocket of my jean. I was just picking it out but the signal turned green and auto moved. She looked disappointed because she know she missed another coin. I looked back to see but she was again in her natural spirits. I smiled and put that coin in my pocket deciding that I'll give it to her if I see her again.

I was visiting the orphanage and I saw that kids there was looking all happy and cheerful. I don't know if they ever knew they don't have family they lack so much of this world's comfort. But still they were perfectly happy. I asked sister to give me a tour around that place and sister called a helper to do the job.

There were all kind of people with trouble, trouble which would cause a simple person to think that how one can live like this, but I saw there is no sign of sorrow in that place. There were kids and others who was mentally and physically disabled. there were old peoples who were no longer respected by their mean sons or daughters.

I saw sister distributing candies which might be donated by someone, and that one little candy put a wider smile on those faces. I could see the happiness all around. This made me thank God for all that I have.

My faith for the one supreme power has increased. I know if he has given life he will give the strength to live, to fight, to stand smiling in the rain of sorrow. I know I have lost something, I don't have all the comfort of this world but I have friends, I have family and I have faith in God. And If you have faith if you can believe you can live, and not only live you can give others a reason to live.

I'll be waiting for the day when I see that little girl again to give that coin, which will give her a smile, A smile which would cost me only a small coin but a reason for being happy to one little child. And a divine happiness for myself, the happiness worth a little coin, the happiness worth nothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

World outside the window

  Sitting near the window of my hotel room, I could see the full moon shining bright in the cold mountain night. Must be around 10 or 11 degrees. I could feel the light breeze on my face. Just looking outside the window, it was beautiful, even in the night.  A silent full moon night high up in mountains could be so beautiful and soothing. I felt like my mind was empty of all thoughts. Like naturally meditating with eyes wide open and looking out into silhouette of huge mountains, like staring into wast spread of nothingness.  I could see tiny lights twinkling on small buildings spread across the small town near Shimla, India. Sometimes when i came to senses, a sudden flood of thoughts streaming through the brain. How much we(humans) have progressed. How much nature had paid for our actions. Constantly digging the heart of mountain to make clearings for agriculture and buildings. Yet, nature is forgiving and let us be in peace.  Peace, which is perhaps pet word of my best friend. He is

Death is NOT the END

It wasn’t a fine day; in fact I think no day could be fine without her in my life. I was missing her so much. Since we separated, my life was nearly finished. I had no will left to live. Everything seemed so tough and harsh. All I was left with, was a broken heart full of hatred . I hated almost everything which seemed so beautiful when we were together. I was thinking about her as usual. Its been two full months since we stopped talking. I was dying to hear her voice to see her name on screen of my cell-phone. But it was   nothing but a waste. “How could you not stop thinking about her?” I said to myself. Because I was all alone without her, only she could understand me, only she knows me well. But now what? I was talking to myself in loneliness. Even this was not very usual. I used to keep away from everyone. I didn’t like to talk or laugh anymore. It all reminds me of time which I spent with her. “She wants you to be happy. Can’t you give yourself a break.” I s

Information Technology in India - setup, history and present day situation

India is one of the great standup country in the field of science and technology. every year india produces more than 500 thousands engineers. No doubt it is a bulk producers of scientists and technologists. Information Technology remain the backbone of the economical growth of India. and you can see it from the observed facts of exports. The share of IT in exports has increased by 17% from 1990 to 2001. IT based sectors such as Backoffice, remote maintainence, accounting, public service, medical, insurence and other bulk processiong fields are rapidly expending. Indian companies such as HCL, WIPRO, INFOSYS, TCS are today's tough competitors for the other IT organizations.